Our non-UV placebo lamps look like the UV lamps, but to a human operator the active lamps will eventually fade fabrics, redden skin, create smells from dying micro-organisms, etc. We have a solution for this! We offer to provide UVA/B lamps with very little UVB in a smaller, limited-range. These UV-producing lamps as the perfect placebos in a double-blind, also a blind study. Why? for example, these lamps would
- Register similar UV values on some basic, commercially-available instruments, but lack UVB in the test range
- Feel as cool, warm, or warmer (equal or higher infrared) as additional compensatory "sham" effect.
- "Smell" active - like active UVB lamps- that photo-activate certain odoriferous chemicals from synthesis and germicidal reactions
- "Sound" identical - no humming, buzzing, or rattling, no switching differences
- Look identical to active lamps in every way on the outside when de-energized
- Look identical when energized - although UV light is mostly invisible, fluorescing surfaces and tanning effects will appear similar enough not to become "tells", keeping the integrity of the study safer from beginning to end
- As safe or safer - Placebo and sham lamps shall not provide increased risks compared to the active controls